Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Neptune

There is a new necklace in the shop. It turned out to be rather serendipidous. I wanted to make a necklace with the amazing pyrite I got from Norah's shop and some bright smooth blue apatite. I must have been imagining the apatite because when I went to the local bead stores it just wasn't there. I ended up getting some darker more interesting apatite instead. So once I got home and started to pair it up with the amazing fine pyrite I had from Norah I saw that it just wasn't going to work the way I wanted. So I pulled out the last of the Healer's gold pyrite that I had, there were 18 beads left and I layed it all out. I thought it looked a little flat and short so I decided that I might as well use up the faceted pyrite that was left too. There were exactly 18 of those too! I thought that was a clear sign of what was meant to be. And just to create a bit of pop and length I used the rest of my gold filled balls too. It worked out perfectly.

No comments: