Friday, August 27, 2010

Gratitude for Matriarchal Ancestors and Modern Convienences

Before

Honestly I don't know how women got through their days let alone their lives with out things like dishwashers, washing machines, televisions and canned soup. If I didn't have these things there is a chance that I would have to check myself into an institution for the insane or maybe the criminally insane. So I am sending out, into the past, a huge acknowledgment to all the women down the lines that kept us all alive, loved, nourished and clean. THANK YOU!!!! You are all amazing. I mean some of these women had to make meals for 12 out of pennies or less, they had to wash every fricken thing by hand. BY HAND!! Things like sheets and jeans. If you go back far enough some women had to worry about being burnt at the stake for using plants to heal their loved ones. I am feeling luckier, safer, more blessed by the second here. You see I woke up under a black cloud of crankiness known to many as PMS. Well, at some point before things got out of hand I became aware of what my problem (thanks Mr. Tolle) was and I made a choice to do my best to remain conscious of this fact, this chemical component in my body and not let it spread out of me into the world like some nasty contagious infection. And it has led to these ponderings, this awareness of our collective female pain body and what that carries. A lot kids, it's a lot. So, from my heart, to all the women still suffering under the hand of whatever mechanism that feels the need to crush women's spirits and bodies past, present and future, I am sending my love to you, to us and am praying to the Great Mother and Spirit to help us all awaken to the moment we are in, to the feeling of gratitude, and to the truth of our each individual and collective existences.
Peace!!

After

No comments: